Former Gombe State governor Danjuma Goje has dismissed reports that he has defected from the APC to the PDP, saying he is still considering his political options.

Goje spoke on Sunday in Gombe as speculation intensified over his political future following the emergence of another candidate on the APC platform for the forthcoming Senate contest.

Addressing his supporters, the former governor said he remained a bona fide member of the APC.

However, he acknowledged that discussions were ongoing over the direction he would take after the latest developments within the party.

“I am still consulting on what to do next,” Goje said.

His comments came after reports that he was considering leaving the APC following the party’s decision to give its Senate ticket to Mohammed Ahmadu, a retired police officer.

The development has generated considerable interest in Gombe politics, particularly because of Goje’s long-standing influence in the state.

Questions about a possible move to the PDP were further fuelled by the circulation of a video showing Goje with FCT Minister Nyesom Wike and former Gombe governor Ibrahim Dankwambo, who is associated with the PDP.

Goje, however, stopped short of announcing any defection.

Instead, he asked his supporters to remain loyal to the leadership of their movement while he continues consultations.

The former governor said he had previously planned to retire from elective politics but changed his mind after supporters persuaded him to seek another Senate term.

He said his political career had lasted more than 45 years and included eight elections, all of which he won.

Goje also announced ₦45 million for his supporters at the gathering.

For now, his political future remains uncertain, with the former governor indicating that a decision would be made after his consultations.